12.10.2011

I Don't Always Get It Right!

A CORRECTION: My last post had some erroneous conclusions because I had not properly verified all the results were entered in my records. My good friend Richard Chu pointed out my errors and omissions on the results for Section B. With the help of our tournament director, and the keeper of all records for Schenectady, Bill Townsend, I was able to bring my records up to date. My apologies for the mistakes. Here is what I should have said:

The situation in Section B correctly stated is; Matthew Clough has completed all of his games and scored 1 ½ points and Herman Calderone has also completed all his games achieving the same score. David Connors reached 1 ½ points with two games to play. It is conceivable that Mr. Connors could finish in a higher place than Clough or Calderone. Richard Chu has scored 2 points with one game to play. The withdrawal of Akhil Kamma, confirmed Thursday evening, means the contest for last spot in the finals from Section B is between Chu and Connors. Connors has to play Phillips and Le Cours, two strong Class A players and score at least one draw to tie with Chu’s current score. Chu has to play Alan Le Cours. In years past Mr. Chu has won twice from Mr. Le Cours. It is possible that Richard will increase his point total. So, the third qualifying spot remains undecided. The struggle to qualify for the Schenectady Finals is usually tough right down to the end, This year follows the pattern.

More soon.


No comments: