1.12.2011

Williams College Open Results


It was a snowy Saturday morning and 9 brave souls made the trip to play some chess at the 8th annual Williams College Open. As TD, I usually don't play. I'm thinking more about the conditions for the players than my own chess. Though unprepared, I put myself in the tournament to make it an even 10 players.

No one took any byes. All the games were decisive except for the very last game to finish between Phil Ferguson and Vincent Bradley. That half a point made Vincent the highest scoring player under 1600.

The biggest upset came from student Nicholas Moscatello who would usually be involved in a competitive swim season, but an injury guided him back to chess. Though his rating was 778, he sharpened his teeth online and brought me down in the first round.

Aaron Schein won the tournament outright with a perfect score wining three games in three rounds of game in 90. He is an eighth grader and has been attending the Williams College Open since he was 6. He has a Williams affiliation in that his father is a Williams alum.

The crosstable is here.

Look for the Williams College Open next January. I hope to see you there...

Trevor



No comments: