1.21.2011

Being there - redux!

I have really enjoyed the video coverage of this year's tournament on the host site and today (round 6) was most enjoyable for me. It starts with quite a bit of video of the amateur tournament. This really captured what it was like for me in 2009 when I went and played in the first 3 day event for regular players. What I recalled was all the Dutch players, mostly older men and pretty "down to earth"...and consuming food and beverage served in the tournament hall, particularly the pea soup! But more than anything, the very social and friendly atmosphere of the competition.

http://www.tatasteelchess.com/tournament/video

I highly recommend that you go and experience it for yourself. It is unlike anything you will find here in the USA.

Oh, and don't miss out on the cool host video reports for the rest of the tournament. Enjoy.

No comments: