3.02.2010

The first of the League matches

Hello again!

Now that I got that post on the USATE out of the way, and since I have the day off, I thought I'd put up a little something about the opening day of the Capital District League season. I should apologize in advance to Mr. Little since this will embarrass him to an extent :) , but the first match of the season was not in fact the one between Schenectady A and the Geezers, about which he posted the other day, but rather between Schenectady A and Uncle Sam of Troy, which happened three days before the Schenectady derby.

The results were:





Uncle Sam


vs.


Schenectady A


Ogundipe, Odunayo


0-1


Sells, Philip


Thomas, Phil


0-1


Chi, Patrick


Hill, Elihue


0-1


Rotter, Bobby


Canty, Sylvester


0-1


Barnes, John



I'll link to my analysis of the game on board one, if anyone is interested, here. Also, at this page, is analysis of an interesting position that came up toward the end of the Hill-Rotter game. The other games I only saw in bits and pieces.

1 comment:

Bill Little said...

Phil; Good stuff. The links to the games are a nice added touch. My first experience with games from the club level was at the local club sites through the BCF. There coverage was spotty with many gaps. With at least three of us posting the chances are good a steady stream of games will give enyca content that will build our readership, Bill